Clvister W20 stopped responding

Security Gateway Discussions
Linkan

Clvister W20 stopped responding

Post by Linkan » 02 Dec 2019, 10:19

Hi!

A customer have this firewall and it stopped working yesterday. I connected console but nothing is showing/happening. Reboot show nothing on console/serial upstart. There is 3 LED on front and the top one is green. Nothing more is happening....

I guess the hardware is somehow not working. I tried to put the flash in another clavister (older model) and it boots into menu but fails to boot which is expected.

Can i read the CF memory card and extract configuration into readable text

/Mattias

Peter

Re: Clvister W20 stopped responding

Post by Peter » 02 Dec 2019, 11:13

Hello.

It sounds like the unti has some sort of hardware fault. Although i strongly recommend NOT opening up the unit if it still has warranty as you risk voiding the warranty by doing so.

Anyway, the configuration on the boot media is called "Core.cfg". It is not possible to load this file as e.g. a configuration backup, but if you want to convert this configuration into a backup file, we can help you with that if you register a support ticket at www.clavister.com. Assuming of course you have an active license :)

Once you have a proper backup file, you can load it in the hardware migration wizard in case you want to convert it to another hardware model or simply restore it on another W20.

Best regards
/Peter

Linkan

Post by Linkan » 02 Dec 2019, 13:20

Hi!

Customer do not have any active licens that they know of. Can you check that if you get serialnumber?

//Mattias

Peter

Post by Peter » 03 Dec 2019, 14:34

Yes, i can check that if i get the serial number. Recommend that you send me a private message here on the forum instead of a public posting :)

/Peter