Error: the object reference is not set on an instance of an object

InControl Discussions
assistenza@koine

Post by assistenza@koine » 14 May 2018, 12:29

I have this problem with my InControl...
When I make a change to one or more objects in the global domain, normally after global check-in, I receive one or more alarms because all the clusters that uses those objects must be Deployed.

from 3-4 days I make a change to the global domain and when I want to check-in, I get the error below

Next, no changes will be applied to the firewalls in my cluster

Peter

Re: Error: the object reference is not set on an instance of an object

Post by Peter » 24 Aug 2018, 12:32

Hello.

It is difficult to say what this is caused by as that particular error message is a generic error message used by lots of functions.

But it may be something that has been fixed already in some of the newer versions. I recommend that you upgrade to the latest InControl version but if the problem still persists, please create a support ticket on our webpage and we will start investigating the problem.

If you create a ticket it would be good if we could get:

1. A description on how the problem can be triggered/reproduced.
2. The Audit trail log
3. The error log file from the InControl client.
3.1. This file is located in your appdata folder for the version of InControl you are using, example path:

C:\Users\peter\AppData\Roaming\Clavister\InControl\1.83.2.2

Best regards
/Peter

MarleneRek

Error the object reference is not set on an instance of an object

Post by MarleneRek » 16 Oct 2019, 12:38

The Connection of pc-client window 8 notebook via my home wi-fi to radio RRC & rig is OK, but failed via public wi-fi showing error message such as ' object reference not set to an instance of an object '
Is it due to problem of local wifi or others?

Jery, hl5bhh

Peter

Re: Error: the object reference is not set on an instance of an object

Post by Peter » 21 Oct 2019, 13:40

I would recommend upgrading to latest InControl version to see if the problem persists. If it still persists and it only happens when using the public Wi-Fi, it sounds like it could be something that is interfering with the traffic or maybe that the connection between the InControl client and server is interrupted.

If it's a public Wi-fi that you do not have control over and/or know how it is configured or which security mechanisms that is activated on this connection it is not unlikely that the problem is related to the public Wi-Fi.

Best regards
/Peter