Moving configurations between appliance models

Frequently Asked Questions
Peter

Moving configurations between appliance models

Post by Peter » 08 Mar 2011, 12:28

This FAQ applies to:
  • Clavister CorePlus™ 9.xx.
Question:

We recently bought an SG3200 appliance model, i want to move my current SG50, running version 9.xx, configuration to the new unit which also is using version 9.xx. How can i accomplish this?

Answer:

Different platforms has different number of interfaces, chipsets, busses, ports, etc. Since these critical settings are not possible to configure using any of the available user interfaces it is required that the entire configuration is converted using special tools.

To make the migration from one hardware platform to another as easy and smooth as possible Clavister offer free-of-charge assistance with conversions of configuration files. The free-of-charge assistance is available for all users with a valid software maintenance agreement on either one of the platforms/licenses.

To get the free-of-charge assistance from our support department, please register a support ticket using our web support system stating “Converting between platforms”.

The web support system can be found here : Clavister Support.

Peter

Re: Moving configurations between appliance models

Post by Peter » 06 Sep 2011, 11:41

Update 2011-09-06:

A new Hardware Migration Tool is now available on the Clavister clientweb which enables individual users to perform this operation without the help of Clavister Support.