- Clavister Security Gateway 8.x, 9.x and 10.x
- Creating self-signed certificates with OpenSSL
1. Generate a Private Key
- The OpenSSL software runs from a command prompt. So start with opening a command prompt.
Navigate to the directory that you want your files to be stored in.
x:\openssl genrsa -des3 -out certificate.key 2048
This will generate a .key file containing a RSA private key.
- I:\>openssl req -new -key certificate.key -out certificate.csr
Instructions on how to enter the values into the .csr file will appear on the screen.
- Start by making a copy of the key file.
x:\cp certificate.key certificate.key.org
Then remove the password.
x:\openssl rsa -in certificate.key.org -out certificate.key
- x:\openssl x509 -req -days 365 -in certificate.csr -signkey certificate.key -out certificate.crt