Log Analyzer Top rule No Result

InControl Discussions
enzo

Log Analyzer Top rule No Result

Post by enzo » 10 Jun 2019, 10:51

Hi Clavister,

I have a problem with the Log Analyzer top rule, I have enabled all cube in Analysis tab and I have check the existence of the analysisdatabase.db file, it's all ok but when I go in InControl Log Analyzer and ask for top usage rule last 24 hours the answer is no results found.

The retention time log is 15 days. I have space on HD for record the log.

Is possibile some SQLite problem about? Is a tool to check the DB consistency? Have you other test or suggest?

Thank's so much

Enzo
Vincenzo Silvestri
Università degli Studi di Bari

Peter

Re: Log Analyzer Top rule No Result

Post by Peter » 27 Jun 2019, 13:13

Hello.

Double-check that you have data in the datacube. If you open the log analyzer and then click the "Summary" button, you can see if you have any data in your datacube. If for instance the cube is empty or you lack data for "Bandwidth usage", the query will always return with no results.

There can be all sorts of problems why this does not work, write permissions, disk access, out of diskspace, ILA service not running, problem receiving logs on the log receiver, problem for the ILA to access the logs, no Firewall is sending logs to the log receiver, Windows Firewall is blocking incoming logs to the log receiver etc.

For problems with the ILA you can also have a look at this forum post : viewtopic.php?f=36&t=4494

Best regards
/Peter