Security Gateway Articles and How to's
- Posts: 34
- Joined: 15 Sep 2008, 15:57
- Location: Clavister HQ - Örnsköldsvik
This How-to applies to:
Topics covered in this document
- Clavister Security Gateway 11.x
Android compatible phones
L2TP/IPsec with PSK
- Setting up L2TP Tunnel on an Android based smartphone
Setup L2TP/IPsec as usual on the Clavister (see the How To here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=4491
You should disable MPPE.
On the phone, open Settings > Network > More > VPN > Click on "Add VPN Network"
Select "Add L2TP/IPsec PSK VPN" and fill in the fields matching your Clavister's setup:
- VPN name ("L2TP-IPsec" in this example)
VPN server (IP or FQDN)
IPsec Pre-Shared Key
Click the VPN Connection to connect and enter the login credentials. (This can also be done in the settings tab)
The connection process should take a few seconds
If everything is correctly setup, you should see the connection listed as "Connected":
Verified on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow)
- Posts: 41
- Joined: 24 Oct 2016, 08:23
Now updated to work with newer versions of cOS Core and Android.