Scheduled deployments in InControl

Post your thoughts and suggestions here!
johnhenriksson

Scheduled deployments in InControl

Post by johnhenriksson » 10 Oct 2016, 15:30

I would like to se the ability to deploy configurations in InControl at scheduled times. We have a policy to deploy configuration in the evenings to avoid disturbance with the daytime high-traffic.

The ability that an administrator could approve configs to be deployed automatically with the help of a schedule would be fantastic! Maybe even deploy firmware upgrades in the middle of the nights with the help of a schedule.
Friends Don’t Let Friends Build Large L2 Networks

Peter

Re: Scheduled deployments in InControl

Post by Peter » 01 Feb 2017, 11:59

Hello.

It is a request we have received for quite some time ago. There exist an RFE (Request for enhancement) about having the option to schedule a configuration deployment from InControl. The developer ID is ICC-365).

I have added your comments to the developer case.

This particular function would however also have it's risks if you deploy something automatically and a mistake was made or that it caused a problem in the network, but that would always be possible risk with such a feature.

Best regards
/Peter

vieregg

Post by vieregg » 05 May 2020, 09:39

Hi,

Am I right that this feature request hasn't been implemented yet?

I'd love to see scheduled deployment especially as we have a lot more VPN connections than usually due to people working from home during these coronavirus days and disconnecting those VPN connections with a deploy command isn't very nice.

Best regards,
Dirk

Peter

Post by Peter » 19 May 2020, 10:41

Hello Dirk.

This feature request has not been implemented yet. It was initially in the roadmap but due to various reasons, changes, requirements and whatnot it was removed.

So currently we do not have any plans for it's implementation (Note: New developer ID is ICC-7622).

/Peter