- Clavister cOS Core
I'm trying to log the serial console output from my VSG, how can I do this?
There are a couple of ways to get serial output from a VSG, The simplest is to send the output to a txt file.
To do this In VMware client follow the steps below.
- Make sure VSG is powered down
- Click Edit virtual machine settings
- In the Hardware tab, click Add...
- Select Serial Port.
- Select output to file (e.g. Console_output.txt) Click Next
- Select an output file. Click Finish.
When the VSG is powered up, you may be faced with a prompt that the serial port output file already exists.
If you would like to start from a clean slate, click Replace.
If you would like the output to continue were it left off, click Append