Changing the Certificiate used by the SSL VPN client/server

Frequently Asked Questions
Peter

Changing the Certificiate used by the SSL VPN client/server

Post by Peter » 24 Nov 2011, 14:55

This FAQ applies to:
  • Clavister CorePlus version 9.20 and up.
Question:

I want to replace the default HTTPS/SSL certificate with one i created, how do i do that?

Answer:

Assuming that the new certificate is correctly uploaded to the Security Gateway, follow this procedure:
  • 1. Open the configuration and go to System->Remote Management->Advanced Settings. Under WebUI->HTTPS Certificate change the certificate to the one you want to use.
    2. Deploy the change and then the SGW has to be restarted. The new configuration file for the SSL VPN client will not be generated unless a restart of the unit has been done.
    3. Log in to the machine were the SSL client is installed and login to the SGW with a browser using HTTPS, download a new configuration file for the SSL client.
    4. Start the client by running the configuration file and login with SSL VPN towards the SGW.
It will now be able to connect to the SGW with the SSL Client and use the new certificate.

Please note that this operation will then also change the default HTTPS certificate used for SGW WebUI management as well.