Does VPN offer virus protection?

Security Gateway Discussions
Har-Ben

Re: Does VPN offer virus protection?

Post by Har-Ben » 24 Mar 2017, 12:55

anajames wrote:Glad you got your mind clear. It is your original location which the hackers need to snoop in to get your details and do their job. Once using a vpn, there are higher chances of being safe, unless there is a IP leak.
Anyways which vpn subscription did you get? And the damage on the pocket.

I believe this is the case. Got Pure's and Nord's yearly packages. I have 3 pcs at home so I have to keep atleast 2 vpns with me. Both are working amazing good. Not pricey at all, yearly packages are very economical.

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 11 Apr 2017, 13:15

anajames wrote:With me what Buffered did was, every time i connected Buffered after i was done and disconnect the vpn it would not restore my original internet settings. Because of it i had to go all the way to get the settings back and it got me pissed of.

In other post you mentioned, you had to use two vpn's for 3 pc's, Although i have not done it but have heard you can route multiple systems with a single vpn.

Yes this is what Buffered is. Although I am hearing that they have patched up and fix this issue from their app.

Yes I very much know that but I wanted to buy 2 vpns. I heard Pure was good and I already had good experience with Nord. So two vpns for me! :mrgreen:

MarkCLAW

Post by MarkCLAW » 18 Apr 2017, 19:37

I'm using VPN but I can't see any viruses. I have my laptop protected by Kaspersky. What about you? I heard that VPN is protecting laptop from viruses as well. There is always for hacker to hack your IP.

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 21 Apr 2017, 13:57

anajames wrote:I guess buffered does not have a trial version, so i can check if the problem is solved.
Nah! No free versions. :( I checked it.

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 21 Apr 2017, 14:53

MarkCLAW wrote:I'm using VPN but I can't see any viruses. I have my laptop protected by Kaspersky. What about you? I heard that VPN is protecting laptop from viruses as well. There is always for hacker to hack your IP.

VPN does not protect you from viruses. The statement is bogus my friend :lol:

Its good that you're using Kaspersky for real protection. VPN is just for IP Masking. That's it. No protection. Just different routes for IPs.

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 21 Apr 2017, 14:55

anajames wrote:Well, as far as i know, a vpn is just there protect your original IP and get you geo-blocked content along with sending your data with encryption using various security protocols.
For protection from viruses you are using the right tool, as i use the same. There are others available too to choose from.
Moreover, you can also use adguard apps to along with a vpn to protect from suspicious ads sending malware to your pc.

This lady is talking important stuff here. True and I agree with you. :)

Johankeni

Post by Johankeni » 25 Apr 2017, 01:06

VPN doesn't protect you from viruses. I don't know which OS you're using but the built-in AV in Win10 is pretty good...
Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive :)

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 02 May 2017, 15:52

anajames wrote:Thank you for the appreciation, hope others get helped too with this.

You're welcome. Indeed, people will! :action_allow:

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 25 May 2017, 09:52

anajames wrote:Which anti-virus software do you use BTW?

Right now I am with Eset for a year plan. I am hearing all good things about Kaspersky so I might check it when my eset protection expires.

Har-Ben

Post by Har-Ben » 15 Jun 2017, 15:07

anajames wrote:And how much does the year plan is on the pocket? If you do not mind mentioning.

I bought the yearly package for $11.99. 2 pcs and one android device